Computer tutoring at the library
Join us for one-on-one computer instruction. If you need help getting started with computers in general or need to learn about a particular program, we would be glad to help you. You name the topic, and we’ll work together on one of our computers.
Our volunteer tutor is available on the third Wednesday of the month from 3-6 pm. An appointment is strongly suggested. Please contact the library at 507-744-3977 or email Marguerite Moran to schedule your session.
Some topics that we can help with:
- Computer basics: What’s this mouse thing for again?
- e-mail basics
- Microsoft Word
- Excel (spreadsheets)
- Internet search strategies
- Getting started with Overdrive (e-books)
Are you a computer whiz who would like to help teach others? We could always use more volunteers.
Thanks to everyone who made our Halloween party so much fun! Thanks to the pumpkin donors, the volunteers, the parents and grandparents, and to every kid who showed up in an awesome costume!
We have two opening for volunteer positions to influence the future of your library.
Lonsdale Public Library Board
Help shape the library as a member of our board.
- Attend monthly meetings to oversee the library’s budget and operations
- Interview and hire new employees
- Advocate for the library in the community
Board members are appointed by the Mayor. You must be a resident of the city of Lonsdale. Please fill out this application: City Board Application and return it to City Hall.
SELCO Advisory Board
Help influence library services at a broader level by getting involved with our regional library system.
- Attend quarterly meetings to oversee SELCO’s budget and operations
- Serve on committees to shape the region’s future library services
- Advocate for libraries
Lonsdale’s SELCO representative is appointed by the Library Board. Please contact the library if you are interested or need more information.