Our latest newsletter is here. Feel free to download or pick up a copy at the library. The events calendar is packed!
The May meeting of the Library Board will be held on May 22nd at 6:30 pm. Meetings are held at the library and are open to the public.
Our spring newsletter is here. Feel free to download or come to the library for a physical copy.
Heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in our community survey and/or the strategic planning process. We have put a lot of thought into coming up with a plan for the next three years that addresses the needs of our community. Please take a moment to check it out, and remember that we are still and always open to your thoughts, needs and suggestions.
Lonsdale Public Library Strategic Plan
2018 – 2021
Community Engagement Focus Area
Goal: Increase awareness of library services and build community partnerships
- Boost community awareness of library and its services
- Expand outreach offerings to meet community needs
- Increase community partnerships
- Create a Friends of the Library group
- Grow opportunities for volunteers
Operations Focus Area
Goal: Amplify the library as place and staff as resources
- Review and revise library environment to maximize its potential for patron use
- Establish best practices for staff development
- Maximize library funding and resources
- Enhance and/or expand public service hours
Programming Focus Area
Goal: Cultivate program offerings to meet varied ages and interests
- Grow adult programming
- Increase tweens and teens programming
- Expand children’s programming
- Build family-friendly services and programs
Collections Focus Area
Goal: Evolve the collection to meet diverse community needs and interests
- Enrich collection offerings
- Expand alternative collection offerings
- Develop a local history collection