We love that our story room gets used by kids and families. We love that all the toys and games we stock are fun for you to play with. Thank you to the many, many people that use the room conscientiously.
But someone left this mess for us to clean up. That’s not nice. So here’s a reminder to please think of others and try to leave the room as you found it.
Also, please be sure that you’re not accidentally taking home anything that belongs to the library. We’ve recently lost a Kermit the Frog and some dinosaur figurines, for example. If you find them among your toys, please send them home. We promise to ask no questions.
Our fall newsletter is here! What programs are coming up? What new books do we have? Read it and find out!
newsletter fall 2019
Want a copy of your own? Pick up a print copy at the library or ask to be put on our email list.
Our latest newsletter is here. Feel free to download or pick up a copy at the library. The events calendar is packed!
newsletter summer 2019
The May meeting of the Library Board will be held on May 22nd at 6:30 pm. Meetings are held at the library and are open to the public.
Our spring newsletter is here. Feel free to download or come to the library for a physical copy.
newsletter spring 2019
We have launched a quarterly newsletter to help you keep up with what’s happening at the library. You can pick up a copy in the library or download it below. If you would like to subscribe to have it delivered by email, sign up at the library or email Marguerite.
newsletter winter 2018-9
Heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in our community survey and/or the strategic planning process. We have put a lot of thought into coming up with a plan for the next three years that addresses the needs of our community. Please take a moment to check it out, and remember that we are still and always open to your thoughts, needs and suggestions.
Lonsdale Public Library Strategic Plan
2018 – 2021
Community Engagement Focus Area
Goal: Increase awareness of library services and build community partnerships
- Boost community awareness of library and its services
- Expand outreach offerings to meet community needs
- Increase community partnerships
- Create a Friends of the Library group
- Grow opportunities for volunteers
Operations Focus Area
Goal: Amplify the library as place and staff as resources
- Review and revise library environment to maximize its potential for patron use
- Establish best practices for staff development
- Maximize library funding and resources
- Enhance and/or expand public service hours
Programming Focus Area
Goal: Cultivate program offerings to meet varied ages and interests
- Grow adult programming
- Increase tweens and teens programming
- Expand children’s programming
- Build family-friendly services and programs
Collections Focus Area
Goal: Evolve the collection to meet diverse community needs and interests
- Enrich collection offerings
- Expand alternative collection offerings
- Develop a local history collection